AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do You Have A Death Book?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/5/2019 07:12 (#7542267 - in reply to #7542238)
Subject: RE: Do You Have A Death Book?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I did some estate planning earlier this year. The firm I went with had detailed forms for me to fill out before I actually met with them to decide if I wanted to work with them. Even if I decided not to work with them (I did decide to work with them), the process of gathering the information was in itself a useful project. By filling out their forms, I was forced to dig out insurance policies, deeds, inventories etc. and bring the information together in one place. Contact persons, telephone numbers, addresses etc. were required and should be handy when the time comes.

I don't really have a Death Book but the firm that did the work with my trust/estate has furnished me with a large notebook/folder that summarizes and organized this information. I am advised to keep them current of any changes so their records are up to date. Having a separate book as you suggest seems like a great idea. This got me to thinking that it might include water/power line maps of the yard, field tile lines and other items that are useful but not necessarily of a legal nature. I do have these items somewhat organized in a fire vault that has the combination listed on the door and a note indicating that it contains nothing of any monetary value.

Since I am an old bachelor my situation is different than most. I have made detailed plans with the local funeral home as well as the estate lawyer in hopes to make the process as easy as possible for those that remain.

Edited by tedbear 6/5/2019 07:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)