AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$7.00 Sue is on M to M
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

coup
Posted 5/25/2019 08:08 (#7519733 - in reply to #7519654)
Subject: RE: $7.00 Sue is on M to M

USA
vickruse - 5/25/2019 06:40

2012 drought produced high priced corn. The difference this time is bean acres could be quite high replacing intended corn acres so bean price will stay depressed. Although with bean price as is today, planting more acres would be a mistake. I would take PP on beans as well, setting up a pretty good time to forward contract 2020 corn crop. But if there is a HUGE acreage increase in corn, seed price will shock you as well as price of NH3 and corn chems. Remember what NH3 did last go round with high corn price. No shortage just gouging because they can and they will. Even the plan for a few more acres of corn in 2019 we saw a significant jump in NH3 starting last fall, no shortage. As far as storing fert products, I wonder how many have that capability? I'll bet it is less then 5%.

Bought NH3 in Sep 19 for $370 ton, bought again in Dec for$392, $532 ton two weeks ago. Current quote is $520. Been dragging feet to buy anymore till ready to use it in hopes price will drop some more.

Retail dealers are in a tuff spot and look to take it in the shorts big time this year. It will require more farmer $ to bail them out of this pickle. Best to to become more self sufficient with on farm fert storage and eliminate the blood sucking that is going to happen when dealing with retail in the future.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)