AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Clutch configuration failed message
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/17/2019 07:07 (#7501164 - in reply to #7500116)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Clutch configuration failed message

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Is this new to you or has it worked properly for you in the past? If it has worked in the past has anything been changed? If it has worked for you in the past and nothing has changed a cable seems reasonable. How many rows and how many sections?

Here's some other thoughts.

If you were using just a stepper module for population control it would need an implement switch attached to it. If you were using just a clutch control module it would need an implement switch connected to it. Since you are using both, the implement switch should go ONLY to the stepper motor. I forget if the Clutch Module needs a jumper on its branch for if it is left open. The rule when using several different types of modules connected with seed that ONLY the most important should be connected to the implement switch.

The Clutch Control Module needs high current power but it seems as if you have checked that. Since you are using Trimble Tru Counts the wiring from the Clutch Module connects to the Tru-Count air valve box or boxes. Each air valve box can handle four sections (note sections not necessarily rows). Inside each air valve box are four air valves. If you are using multiples of four sections then all the air valves in each box or boxes would be used. So if you have 4, 8, 12 etc sections all the air valves in each box would be used. If the number of sections is not a multiple of 4 then the extra air valves in the last box MUST be disconnected inside the box.

For example if you have 6 sections, all the air valves in the first box would be used but only two of the four in the second air valve box. Air valves 3 & 4 of the second box must be disconnected. You mention your tests which may or may not indicate your problem because this will depend on the configuration. Each of the flat weatherpack connectors going to the air valve boxes should show 12V on one wire. I think it is Pin A. There should be three branches for a max of 3 air valve boxes or 12 sections which is what a single Clutch Control Module can handle. The other wires will be grounded when the module decides that a section should plant.

Edited by tedbear 5/18/2019 07:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)