AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WIU Organic Research farm pics (5/14/2019)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

masseyharris74
Posted 5/18/2019 15:32 (#7503687 - in reply to #7503440)
Subject: RE: WIU Organic Research farm pics (5/14/2019)

NWIL
This is a Maschio UFO 600 (20ft)
-I pull it with our 765D (350HP) and that is a pretty good match unless you wanna go pretty deep, then it will sure eat plenty more ponies. I have found it to be a very versatile tool, but it takes a while to get the hang of it. It is 20 ft. wide, but I run it on 19 ft. swaths as it can pull off center depending how you have the bar rocked forward or back. It seems similar to a Lemken, Joker type speed disc.. It is not perfect, but I have been planting behind it because I don't have another tool yet. Usually a deep pass on cover, then wait a while, and another pass will give me pretty good conditions, though sometimes you need a third pass. I'd like to try a field cultivator to compare. Speed is good if you can pull it fast (9-13mph?) and deep enough. It is really stupid heavy on the tongue weight. I really can't compare to any other brand as I have not tried any other. We came from no till/strip till, so I had no other tillage around when I started organic. Their parts distribution are close to me as well being it is a Euro tool. I have never seen another one around as this was from an auction....

Edited by masseyharris74 5/18/2019 15:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)