AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Older incommand without “turn around” button?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Sharecropper jr.
Posted 5/9/2019 00:24 (#7485592 - in reply to #7485251)
Subject: RE: UPDATE: it gets way worse

Deep southern Illinois
sunman - 5/8/2019 20:21

I assume the steer command is on the latest firmware? I've had some strange issues with a few and instead of recalibrating, I like to make a whole new vehicle profile and start over. This has fixed several issues I have had. Pay special attention to getting the orientation of the ECU correct and calibrating the tilt zero step. What vehicle is this?

If a new vehicle doesn't work, look for a new ECU to swap out and try. I'm assuming your GPS is ok if it works on manual.

Should’ve been more clear, we are attempting to make a new vehicle. I’ve double verified that the firmware of the display and steer command are the highest version. I get stopped at the “dead band” step of the auto calibration, sometimes it refuses to move, once it only moves wheels right of center (this was after I think I made the steering sensor worse by taking it off to check, and improperly re-installing it) and twice the incommand froze completely on that screen. Once requiring a shutdown to alleviate, and losing connection with the ECU briefly. Have done a “hard left” and “hard right” test, and the valve appears to function properly. I feel the steering sensor has been going for a while due to frequent “operator moving steering wheel” messages when trying to engage auto steer when wheels are at a certain angle (I’ve just learned not to hit the button in that spot) and that prevents the auto calibration from working properly to troubleshoot the heading problem. The gps problem could have been finding while inspecting that the display power cable was connected to a power source other than directly to the battery, and the ground wasn’t what I would consider proper at all. We connected straight to the battery, and that seemed to improve somewhat. Not sure if that’s related to my original problem or not, because this wheel angle sensor is preventing me from being able to get there. I know that was a lot, but it’s been a very long, troubling day, and my planter is currently getting rained on out in the field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)