AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Honest opinion of HISTORY’s “The American Farm”
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Scott (OSU)
Posted 4/20/2019 07:21 (#7449436 - in reply to #7448527)
Subject: RE: Honest opinion of HISTORY’s “The American Farm”

Dalton, OH
I (along with my wife) have watched all 3 episodes and overall I think it’s pretty good. Your segments are by far the best and most realistic. We really enjoy your son as he reminds us of our oldest son who is currently 10. It’s scary the similarities between the two!

The Utah segment started off pretty good in the first episode, but with the spinoff of the daughters minfarm it’s going downhill fast. My wife is also sick of hearing the term Minfarm! Being a fellow organic farmer I was hoping to see more of the farms changeover to organic and how it goes.

The New York dairy segment has been pretty good as well and I can see a lot of drama coming from the three brothers that doesn’t have to be made up!

The Alaska dad is just so unbelievable and the way he treats his daughters is just wrong. They seem to have created successful lives away from the farm and I’m just not sure why the father thinks they would want to come back and run the place, especially with him around!

Everybody has pretty much covered my thoughts on the Virginia farm. I’m assuming he has more farmland than just the field that he cleared the trees on to plant beans? I sure hope he does. Otherwise, I don’t see him or the son making it in grain farming. Maybe he should just stick to beef cattle.

I’ve watched many reality shows over the years, ice road truckers, deadliest catch, blood and oil, etc, and so far I think your show is pretty good. The key to these reality shows, in my opinion, is the second and third seasons and sticking to the theme of the show, farming. Oh, and my wife says to tell your wife she can sympathize with her in so many ways on the show!

Good Luck and keep up the good work!

Edited by Scott (OSU) 4/20/2019 07:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)