AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calf milk replacer vs Baby formula....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 4/15/2019 08:50 (#7440442 - in reply to #7440254)
Subject: RE: Calf milk replacer vs Baby formula....

Mid MO
It amazes me that folks who don't have the equipment to lactate, feel entitled to an opinion.

Breastfeeding is a luxury. It takes time, a friendly work environment, and support if you are working outside the home. Not every mother can afford to take on the time commitment to breastfeed.

I need to pump 4 times a day to keep up with my baby. Plus I feed him directly. It is not always feasible to stop working cattle or leave the salebarn to pump. Last week I worked/trucked cattle from 9 until 7. No I couldn't pump, couldn't stop working and around men all day. I'm lucky I didn't get mastitis. The next day I sat the sale and represented my cattle, couldn't pump again. It was uncomfortable to say the least. Fwiw the salebarn offered me free babysitting, which is phenomenal. He stayed with grandma.

I am fortunate that my mother watches Peanut. I can feed him when I come in for lunch. My lunch break can be long, if it needs to be, most days. I don't have a boss to deal with but I need to quit early to get him home, which isn't real great this time of year. He gets wild after 6 pm.

I'm looking at a pump I can wear and work. It's $300, are you going to chip in? I'm not sure how it will be to wear when it's 90 degrees. Will it short out with sweat?. Betcha didn't think about that!

My point is , the checker girl at the grocery store, the nurse at the old folks home, and the lady at the bank don't have the options I do. They have coworkers and bosses that may give them static. their mommas may not watch their kids. How many women feel comfortable feeding their kids in public. I don't, not even with a cover. Their lives are complicated and you should keep your nose out of their teats. We're all doing the best we can.

I have no idea how Easter service is going to work. Hoping for a back row pew. Which is what country ladies in the olden days did. Might make the deacons loose their chompers if I did that. Not even sure I can bring myself to do that. But, Nobody likes a screaming baby. Stay tuned.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)