AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calf milk replacer vs Baby formula....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kipps
Posted 4/15/2019 11:28 (#7440707 - in reply to #7440442)
Subject: RE: Calf milk replacer vs Baby formula....

Madison Co. Virginia
chickenqueen - 4/15/2019 09:50
I have no idea how Easter service is going to work. Hoping for a back row pew. Which is what country ladies in the olden days did. Might make the deacons loose their chompers if I did that. Not even sure I can bring myself to do that. But, Nobody likes a screaming baby. Stay tuned.

Hadn't thought of that being an issue, but I'm sure your right. I've seldom seen a nursery in a church.

Back in the 60's, when our church building was extended, they included a small room in the back of the auditorium with one way glass, rocking chairs, triple-decker cribs, and a changing table. When they built the new church in the late 80's, they installed a nicer version of the same thing.

Of course, anyone at our church would be silly to argue against the need for such. With a sunday morning attendance of 200, about 50 of those are first graders or younger. This is in the Mennonite church, and yes, that number of youngsters is a little bit of an anomaly. It's usually about half that, but for various reasons, there was quite the baby boom.

It's a bit sad to visit neighboring Lutheran and Baptist churches, and see very few, if any, children. The Catholic church is the only one I've visited that's bucking that trend. They seemed to be well filled with young families, which I applaud them for.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)