AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Balckberry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 2/11/2009 08:37 (#604743 - in reply to #603640)
Subject: I love mine. Verizon has buy one get one promo on.

I love it. I have a Curve on the Verizon network. Originally wanted it just to be able to synch with Outlook for contacts and my schedules, but the only way I could get it on Verizon was to have it hooked to the internet also.

Once I saw how easy it was to have my email sent to the phone as well as my computer from my gmail account I was hooked. Sure is nice when you think you've got something coming in not to have to worry about looking on the computer every so often or having someone else do it for you, it's right in your hands now. I also love being able to look up grain markets during the day and watch weather radar as storms are coming in.

Like another poster said if you want to do a lot of web surfing the Iphone is probably better, some web sites have versions for phones some don't. Blackberry is the leader in email though if that is one of your main points. If I am at my desk my email comes on the Blackberry before it ever gets to my computer screen. Never had much of a problem with the small screen on email, seems like they all adjust so they can be read easily. I've even posted on NAT from it, but it takes a lot longer to surf etc than if you're at a big computer.

Since I got mine my son has also switched over from a flip phone about 3 months ago, my daughter just switched over last Saturday and told me yesterday that she loves having email on it because she can see not only her gmail account, but her account from Kansas State and doesn't have to start up her computer just to check her email and the weather.

FWIW I went with my daughter to the Verizon store and took a look at the new touch screen Verizon. It didn't take me long to figure out I didn't want it. With the track ball I can do most things one handed while I am driving if I need to, with the track ball it is really better with two hands than one. My daughter was all set to get the Storm, but after seeing it and operating it for a few minutes she came to the same decision I did, the track ball is better for what we do.

We actually ended up with a spare because Verizon has a promo on with the Curve, buy one and you get one free. You might check it out.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)