AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Balckberry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

cri
Posted 2/10/2009 13:05 (#603734 - in reply to #603640)
Subject: Re: Balckberry

central mo
They are awesome!

On top of crystal clear calls and fast texting you can:

-setup IMAP and POP3 email accounts such as gmail. New messages usually show up on the phone withing a minute or so of them actually being delivered. You can send email to anyone from the phone.

-setup to receive your work email ... But only if your employer has a BES server and the network admin is willing to set it up.

-tether your BB to your laptop using Bluetooth or USB cable. This allows for backup of phone numbers, phone settings, and installed programs. Tethering allows for syncing mail without the need for internet access.

If you have an internet plan, your tethered Blackberry can also give you internet access on your laptop. This allows for speed similar to that of dialup. It is slow but allows you to work from a car on the internet or even over a VPN. (Case in point) I worked all day Saturday from the back seat of a pickup all the way to Colorado from Missouri. Occasionally the cell tower signal would drop, in turn dropping my internet connection but that is to be expected. I can see how it would be useful if a person were on the road and gone a lot.

NewAgTalk.com works pretty good.

Keep in mind though that if your wanting it to do a lot of internet browsing it's not the best. You're still looking at a full fledged website on a 2.5 inch screen. Many times site formatting are all messed up.

It would make for an awesome house or business phone. Tmobile has a $10.00/month plan that allows for unlimited wifi calls. (I'm sure most Service Providers would do this too.) This means that you can call over the internet from anywhere to the US, within the US or abroad using a wireless router for only 10.00 a month.

OR, for instance I dont have that wifi plan. When I was in Mexico I was able to hunt up a wifi hotspot, connect to it and call home at no charge ... only minutes.

There are many applications out there available. Some are expensive and some are free.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)