AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please, I want a drone for my son.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 3/21/2019 07:52 (#7392747 - in reply to #7391907)
Subject: RE: Please, I want a drone for my son.

East central Iowa

Thank you Paul.

Often when I read the negative reviews on tools I know that the reviewer wasn't competent because I have the same or similar tool and reading their review it's apparent they don't know how to use it.

I'm completely ignorant about drones.  There are so many negative comments about each and every one of them that it persuades me to believe that there are 2 basic problems.  First and foremost is the lack of customer support.  People complain that parts are missing or they can't order replacement parts, that's a pretty universal complaint.  The second major problem seems to be that the behavior is erratic, taking off, failure to return and simply shutting off and dropping like a rock.

I hate to give my son something that needs a lot of attention.  He is a senior software engineer at a company and has capabilities probably beyond those of the negative reviewers but I don't think he'd want extra tech time.

Maybe in a few years things will shake out better.

I certainly appreciate the responses and that people take the time to try and help.  I just don't want to gamble on something that seems to be erratic in the 2 areas I mentioned.  Nor do I want to burden him with more work or watch several hundred dollars disappear in mere moments.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)