AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please, I want a drone for my son.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

NHpower
Posted 3/22/2019 23:36 (#7396337 - in reply to #7392747)
Subject: RE: Please, I want a drone for my son.

NW Ohio
Chris, certainly don't want to hijack your thread but seems like you have reached a conclusion to your question.

There seems to be a lot of negative reviews towards drones and the complexity of their software. To me (I am younger,28, and grew up with technology) there doesn't seem to be a gap between software for drones and software for much of anything else.

I personally haven't had any more difficulty with drone software more than I have with tractor gps. There is certainly learning curve but I don't see the validity behind a lot of the negative reviews. If you keep the drone software simple there doesn't seem to be much of a problem, ie. don't upgrade at first notice, use the tech as it is presented, don't reach beyond its boundaries.

I only use my drone for recreational flights. I have had limited success in dronedeploy but I use mine mostly for scouting and personal photography work.

I am part of multiple Facebook groups where people use drones' full potential and stretch the limits with personal software programs and other creative adventures. These guys seem to run into the issues. Beyond them, it seems like the other group that have issues most often are borderline computer illiterate

There are going to be great advances in the drone world and I do not see personal drones as a fad. Tech is going to advance and the average Joe is going to be able to do amazing things with a standard drone.

Just personal observations, but I think a lot of the negative reviews are a product of over expectations.

Chris, from what you have told us about your son I wouldn't hesitate to spend 500 to 1k on a drone, obviously this is personally dependent on your budget and I don't want to come off as telling you how to spend your money. However,. He is going to be able to utilize their functions to their max, and he is going to only spend what he sees fit for on a drone.

Again, just personal observations and I have enjoyed reading this forum and the thoughts presented by our other drone enthusiasts.

Edited by NHpower 3/22/2019 23:39

(16453001-1842-4433-BD3F-3E60C29A0E5A (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 16453001-1842-4433-BD3F-3E60C29A0E5A (full).jpeg (236KB - 342 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)