AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

liquid fertilizer side dress control options?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 3/20/2019 16:16 (#7391395 - in reply to #7390766)
Subject: RE: liquid fertilizer side dress control options?

Leesburg, Ohio
Section control is what pays the bills for the whole precision/autotrac/section control application system by saving input costs from overlap. Some think it is insignificant...it is not. We have many irregular shaped fields, so maybe our savings is more than someone with all square flat fields with no waterways, but our savings runs about 15% on seed, chems, and N fertilizer, not to mention some fuel, time, and wear on equipment.

Maybe I misunderstood what equipment you already have available...I thought somewhere above you indicated your pump was needing rebuilt, and was not sure if you had a controller. Will a 440 actually control a motor directly?? I didn't think it would, but maybe I am wrong. There is more to it than just swapping a hydraulic motor for a friction wheel, but if you already have all the parts, go for it!

I don't argue that your design will work accurately. It will. I am just saying a centrifugal pump and Deere controller system is way simpler and cleaner than all the mechanicals you are proposing. I am not sure what you mean by not being "keen on the servo hydraulic valve"...there are no hydraulic controller valves in what I am talking about...the hydraulic driven sprayer pump speed is set manually, and the application rate is controlled electronically by a Raven flow control valve in the product line...nothing hydraulic about it.

Maybe I am not picking up what you are laying down. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)