AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nebraska......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 3/19/2019 21:36 (#7390042 - in reply to #7389974)
Subject: The Army Corps of Engineers

South Central Iowa
That's what I thought. That's great they won, but $300M isn't close to the damage done. Heck, the video of Hamburg below and the surrounding farmstead and infrastructure damage in just that small town and it's immediate surroundings is $300M of replacement damage.

I have heard the conspiracy theory that they wanted to flood everyone to force them to sell so they could turn the bottoms from Omaha to St Joe along with the Loess Hills into a National Park/Reserve. Flood everyone out, destroy their property and the towns, take the land. Is that where the tinfoil hat talk comes from?.... I don't consider that far-fetched in the least.

I also remember hearing something about the trout or fish in the Dakotas and the recreational interests up there causing the Army Corps to hold more water than they should have in the reservoirs and then snowmelts and/or rain caused them to belatedly release a greater amount of water. Kind of convoluted sounding how I wrote it, but I think people would get the gist.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)