AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MF 11x5 Cab and 3pt Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Granary
Posted 3/14/2019 20:41 (#7381047 - in reply to #7380863)
Subject: RE: should be a few in your area to look at

Central Western VA Mountains
Massey1155 - 3/14/2019 20:43

Might be easier for you to just go drive one. Plenty on tractor house to look at. Hard to go wrong, you can buy a excellent one for under $12000. Needing cab interior and paint for around $6500. I think you've set the record for questions on them.....

They have adjustable sway blocks if you need to. When you raise it all the way up there is very little side to side play. Had the heaviest 3 point you could buy.

The cabs are very roomy. If the cab bushings are good, cab interior is relatively new, and floor mat is in it, they are very respectable.

Pretty rare to tilt the cab back. There is a big access plate in the floor to get at the charge pump.

No buddy seat, used to flip the arm rest back and sit on the edge of seat and fender padding. Plenty of room for a kid, another big guy not so much.

It's not like a 90's or new tractor by far. If you want lots of comfort going to have to spend more money. If you want a good running decent priced older tractor, they are hard to beat.

Thanks - I ask a lot of questions and I appreciate everyone's replies. When I look at these tractors (or implements), I study them like an exam - LOL, hence so many questions and again I really appreciate all the replies. It doesn't take much to pencil us in the red, so I take this tractor buying seriously.

I have been trying to find a decent (although 40ish year old) tractor for our needs. I want 90-100ish PTO hp for our disc mower conditioner (which is a Krone 2801cv impeller machine) and a heavy tractor (10k plus lbs) for bringing loaded kicker wagons with square bales off our hills such that we won't be pushed down it!

I've been looking at IH 66 and 86 series tractors, recently expanded my search to some 4020's and 40 series JD's. Truly everything I have looked at has been wore-out junk. If not out right junk, then something goofy that the seller has done to makes me pass on the tractor. I'm thinking these MF tractors are perhaps a hidden gem given their price point and features.

Regarding these MF tractors 11x5 and 11x0 series, I had asked a question about them last year and kind of forgot about it - I think my eyes were glazed over looking for an IH (which IMHO can be a great bang for the buck) - I never really considered MF. However, recently a MF 1100 came-up for sale and I took it for a test drive and liked it. It was open station and multi power. After driving it and doing more reading, I decided that if I buy a MF tractor it would be a 1105 or 1135. BTW - the 1100 I drove was rode hard and put away wet; it need major repairs - but did give me a flavor for these tractors. I think the 1105 is just about right for what we are doing and a cab would be a nice adder. So I'm reading (and asking questions) about these tractors. Things I've learned about these 11x5 tractors are - they are 100 hp-ish tractors, heavy, great Perkins engine, multi power (which I've come to learn is tough, long life and reliable), easy to service from the ground (I ain't getting any younger), have a decent cab and a good mechanic with tools and a service manual should be able to split and repair; not sure that's so easy with the IH 66/86 series and JD 40 series tractors. Oh - I think they look great - especially like the big MF logo on the hood - LOL.

So I'm looking at MF...

I'm also still looking at IH and JD tractors, but I have added these MF tractors to my radar. I'm not looking for color, but overall condition, price and features brought to the table given the age of these tractors. I think the MF 1105 and 1135 are kind of over looked - yet deliver the mail - probably better than the IH and JD tractors I have looked at in terms of price and features. I would not hesitate to buy a decent 1105 - especially if it had a cab.

Thanks again for all of your (and everyone's) help in schooling me on these Massey Ferguson 11x5 (and 11x0) tractors. It is much appreciated!

Edited by leeave96 3/14/2019 21:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)