AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Computer accounting program suggestions ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Buehler
Posted 3/11/2019 09:35 (#7373309 - in reply to #7372834)
Subject: RE: Farm Computer accounting program suggestions ?

Scott City KS

Jackrabbit - 3/10/2019 22:50

Xero (or Magnify through Farm Credit) is an option. One thing that is a must for ANYONE is a program that allows for account transactions to flow daily into the software package for simple reconciliation. Entering transactions manually can not be an option going forward. Your time is too valuable. Magnify is good but not perfect. If I could tweak a couple of things (and maybe you can if you just use Xero yourself???) and cut the price in half I would be really happy with it. Email if you like as well Brian.

Scott

Edit to add: I don't get the positive reviews for PC Mars? I downloaded the demo and it looks like a high school programming project from the 90's. I can kind of understand if you started with something 20 years ago and just stay with it but just the overall platform looks really old. Unless I'm missing something I would guess the users of PC Mars would be really surprised at quality of some of the competing packages available today.

Agreed.   As long as it is right.  If you can't take the time to make sure the transactions are correct, you just as well poop in a box.  It will be worth roughly the same.  

Almost everyone I've dealt with that downloads a bank file has errors. They are virtually impossible for the accountant to find unless they really know your business or it can tie to a 1099.  And the more time passes, the harder it is for the user to figure out what the check was for or whatever.  

Also, Quickbooks can write checks, so that knocks out a ton of transactions if the user chooses to go that route.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)