AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lower MS Delta Flood
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 3/8/2019 21:08 (#7368343 - in reply to #7366532)
Subject: RE: Lower MS Delta Flood

East Central Arkansas

Beginning to start moving some of our stuff to higher ground.  I don't really have a good area for parking equipment on higher ground around where we live and with all the rain it's going to be a mess. It's not but a five mile move but have two narrow bridges  in cures and way to many people that are speeding and not paying attention. We were fortunate in 2011 that somehow we got almost everything moved and really lost very little. I know there are many others in our country and the world that have faced greater disasters with fire, hurricanes and tornadoes but this flooding does begin to wear on a fellow. We had flooding in 2008, then the big flood in 2011 and some flooded crop land in 2017. Several other years since 08 the river levels have been high enough to have us on alert. It seems any more I spend more time moving and preparing for high water than making a crop. You don't realize what it takes to pick up and move everything until you have to do it. I don't really know how I got as much stuff moved back and in after the 2011 flood.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)