AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat c13
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jr80
Posted 2/17/2019 13:00 (#7326556 - in reply to #7324884)
Subject: RE: Cat c13

NECIL
I’ve driven both a C-12 and a C-13. The C-12s were good motors for the companies I drove for. They had decent fuel mileage and not too many mechanical issues. The worst I had was one had a cracked head that was letting coolant go out through the exhaust. That took a while to find. The C-13s on the other hand were a mixed bag. The 05 and 06 that the one company had were fuel and oil guzzling fools. The 06 had been rebuilt at least twice and maybe three times because of oil usage. The driver of that truck couldn’t hardly get above 5 mpg out of it no matter how he drive it. I drove the 05 for a while and had the same issues. I would change the oil and after 5,000 miles dump in a fresh gallon of oil. Then after 2,500 more miles I had to add another gallon and another after another 2,500 miles. My dad ran a 09 Pete with a C-13 that had a burner on it. He had none of the problems we had with the earlier trucks. He put several hundred thousand miles on it without any major issues.

I wouldn’t be afraid of the C-12 but I would check over the history of the C-13 closely.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)