AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat c13
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmboy3230
Posted 2/16/2019 19:17 (#7325252 - in reply to #7324884)
Subject: RE: Cat c13

I use to work on semis for a company that had around 160ish freightliners that half of them had the C13 and the other half had the Detroit 60 series in them. The Detroit has more power hands down. However the C13 were more dependable and were in the shop less often. I only had to change one or two turbos out. I changed a hand full ooil coolers out on them. Really besides that other maintenance was the only thing we did with the c13. One thing the lead tech taught me was if a C13 does not leak oil it is not running right. HaHA, we would get rid of semis in the fleet after 12-15 years of age, the trucks would have a million to 1.4million when we would get rid of the trucks and they would still be running good. We never sent one out to get a rebuilt seemed like. Now do not get me wrong. There are bad eggs that do run around like any engine. I bought a truck a couple years ago. I purchased a C13 with around 430K miles in an 05 Freightliner, and I really have not done anything to the truck. (Knock on Wood), They start pretty good in the cold and they run and not to bad on fuel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)