AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drinkers of Jack Daniels....what's the deal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 2/16/2019 05:42 (#7323651 - in reply to #7323640)
Subject: RE: Drinkers of Jack Daniels....what's the deal?

ESW ND
This bottle reminds me more of a brandy type flavor. I may just have to switch to water...straight! Like I said, if I really want to find a replacement, I'm better off going to the bar and trying a few new flavors. I surely don't want to buy a bottle of any size and waste it. There's a few that I don't like already. Makers Mark is ok, I don't see the craze for Pendleton. Kinda like Jack, they are either loved or hated. I just liked Jack from the first sip. Straight on the rocks, with a coke or sprite, water n a splash of coke. It just hit the spot when I wanted something for in the evening. If beer was never made, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. Just don't care for it any more. I mean, I will still have some beer or other whiskeys, just can do without them.

Ron, you are probably right as well. About 10ish years ago, when I would have more than my fair share of alcohol, not drunk, but enough that I would get almost a non itch rash. My skin would get red in certain spots. I could tell by my scars. I have a pretty long scar across my elbow-forearm and a couple on my face. When they turned a rosy red, I knew I had too much. Some nights were different on the amount it would take. Now, I surely didn't use this as a gauge of if I could keep drinking or not. I just noticed the correlation between it.
So now, I don't consume much(rarely) alcohol. Don't even give it a thought. Seems like our youth of young and dumb stage paves a path for some. Some grow out of it and some never do, but most learn valuable lessons from it.
I guess if I don't find a "replacement" for it, that's ok with me. I was just more wondering if it actually changed or if I have changed.

Thanks for all of the responses. The reply of the HVAC system is more than interesting. Along those lines, we've noticed a lot of different products that still try and boast the "same great product", but you can surely tell it's not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)