AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tractor/Implement inner tube sources?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 2/15/2019 16:59 (#7322999 - in reply to #7322830)
Subject: RE: Tractor/Implement inner tube sources?

Faunsdale, AL
I buy all my tubes (the few I use....mostly run tubeless if I can) plus the patches, boots, mounting grease, stems etc rom the local tire place I buy tires from.

They are convenient, not too expensive and I don't have to stock a bunch of tubes that will crack in the folds or dry rot before I ever use them. I want to have a business relationship with them for the day I need them to come fix a tire ASAP! I don't get the impression they miss fixing my flats very much!

I do buy some airplane tires and stop leak from Gensco because the local shops don't handle either one.

Your "tire education" will be cost effective if you don't hurt yourself or destroy too many tires. I have been fixing tires and watching pros fix tires for nearly 50 years and I still learn things occasionally.

Learn about split rims and lock ring rims BEFORE you take one of them on, don't ever weld on rim with tire mounted and use a clip-on air chuck with gauge to inflate anything you have ANY concern about. I have had 3 tires explode/rupture as I was inflating them. A little distance helps a lot to avoid injury, more distance helps more and a cage trumps both!

You will soon want a bead blaster tank.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)