AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The days keep ticking off...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/15/2019 03:29 (#7321806 - in reply to #7321799)
Subject: RE: The days keep ticking off...

central - east central Minnesota -

scmn_06 - 2/15/2019 02:44 2019 is certainly getting interesting by the day. With the miserable fall conditions we had, I heard many comments of “we are going to need a nice early spring in 2019”. Here we are middle of February with snow up to my jewels and temps running 10-20 deg below normal. The 30 day is calling for substantially below normal temps. That’s puts us well into mid March with nothing really positive in the works regarding getting our snow melted off. If we have a spring like last year...This could turn into a disaster considering all the field work and N application that didn’t get done last fall. The fields with system tile will be ok but those without could be challenging. I realize things can change fast and I’m hoping that’ll be the case. 

Mother Nature always seems to average out . . . .  Nothing to be concerned with at this point. Below average condition now could lead to ideal spring conditions. One concern could be too quick of a melt off causing flooding. Hopefully it'll be non-eventful spring conditions and this "real" winter will be forgotten. Keep in mind, with the winters of the past (olden days), spring (tractors rolling / corn planting) never really happened until May . . . . . Anything before that is really "abnormal" or non-typical.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)