AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7100 Planter questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 2/13/2019 19:36 (#7319010 - in reply to #7318106)
Subject: RE: 7100 Planter questions

I notillled beans and corn for about a decade with my 4 row 7000 planter. The row units of the 7000 and 7100 planters are identical according to my parts books. All the same JD part numbers and the same JD picture number.

I'm no fan of the wavy "no till" coulter. If it gets packed with damp soil it turns into a stomping wheel.

On my 7000 planter I mounted flat plow coulters 2-1/4" off the rows. They did two functions. Made a slot for squirting 32% when planting corn. I mounted a thin ammonia knife behind to flat coulters. Their other task was cutting stover and stalks so the Dawn Trash Whippers could easily spread the stover and bean stalks. A task approved by Dawn's chief engineer.

I used Kinze brush meters for beans and had the finger units updated with Precision parts and tested and calibrated on Precision test stands.

When I put down 32% with the planter I used my home made three point sprayer with pressure regulation and with an orifice in each hose.

I have seen plate 7000 planter information in my manuals and parts book, but have never seen one in real life.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)