AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

v set classic 1250
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/12/2019 07:38 (#7315449 - in reply to #7315426)
Subject: RE: v set classic 1250

What are the bigger problems you are referring to? I am:

1. Replacing all damaged supports (I call them shanks)
2. Replacing all firming points
3. Replacing all shoes
4. Replacing all disks
5. Putting RK Products repair kits on gauge wheel arms (hopefully holding grease in will keep them from seizing up like they did on my neighbors planter before they installed grease zirks in the dirt release hole)
6. Replacing two rows unit frames that the previous owner hooked and kinked
7. Replacing one fan housing due to cracking at the base. May replace other as well
8. Pulling shafts. Replacing all carrier bearings and taking all clutches apart and cleaning them out
9. Replacing all chains
10. Possibly replacing plates and/or covers (will run at least some of them on a meter first and will check all of them for straightness)

Similar process is happening to the Deere right beside it simultaneously just like happens to it every single year (240 acres per row per year of 90% tough no-till conditions makes everything a yearly job that I'm quite familiar with on that planter). No reason to not have the Case in equally good condition. These are all in process and will certainly be done before planting. All parts are purchased except carrier bearings.

Wear on parallel arms doesn't look bad for now.

To me I feel like all of the basics are accounted for. All that's left is making the meters and down pressure behave like I want. But maybe I'm missing something.

Edited by dpilot83 2/12/2019 07:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)