AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Raven question...Ted or?? please help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 2/7/2009 09:42 (#599799 - in reply to #599727)
Subject: RE: Another Raven question...Ted or?? please help

Brazilton KS

I have not had the encoder which is behaving strangely apart, but I have had another one apart.  The wheel has windows in it, not stripes.  It has a rather large gear increase between the input and the chopperwheel...like I'd guess 50:1 or maybe more. 

My box has no serial and has a place for a 9v battery.  

I assumed a rev G would be later then a rev B....which proves what they say about 'assume.'

I will tell him to hold the self=test key instead of the CE key.  I really do not think this is the problem, though.  

What is a 'normal' range for a cal number to get the console to be reading at a click per second or so?  These require what I consider very high numbers....9000 or thereabouts...in order to get the rate down low enough that you can run a 'load' without resetting the empty alarm several times.  

I will interchange the sensors as soon as I get a chance.  For now, the rig needs to be running, though.    I probably need to just order some Raven encoders. 

Thank you very much for your answers, Ted.  You are an invaluable asset to this board when it comes to Raven!

Edited by plowboy 2/7/2009 09:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)