AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long distance wireless from home to shop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

cri
Posted 2/8/2009 18:25 (#601324 - in reply to #599884)
Subject: RE: Long distance wireless from home to shop

central mo

I'll second the comment about Ubiquiti ...

I've got two Powerstations setup. One is setup as the Access Point and the other is the Client. It's about a 7000-8000 ft distance between the two of them I think. The router at the house handles DHCP for the entire network. Live video surveillance and internet access across the bridge works great which is the whole reason it was installed. Now, having internet access at the bins, I can see how this will likely get used more and more in the future. The possibilities of this are endless. We'll hopefully be monitoring grain moistures or even turning on or off transfer augers, all while sitting at a computer anywhere wirelessly on a PC at the bins or at the house.

I've never used the little Nanostations. I'm thinking about putting one a quarter mile down the road at my Grandpas place beaming toward my Dads. That way He'll have higher speed internet and also be able to view the cameras at the bins from his PC. Would the Nanostation work as a client like this pointing at a regular old wireless router from this distance or do I need a second nano at Dad's house pointing toward Grandpa's place?

Photobucket
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)