AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long distance wireless from home to shop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 2/6/2009 18:08 (#599199 - in reply to #597338)
Subject: RE: Long distance wireless from home to shop

I'm shooting several links, from 150 feet to 13 miles. I've been up for two-three years now, with minimal problems.

http://www.tranzeo.com/products/

Scroll down to the TR-5a and the TR-5Plus products. I'm pretty sure the cheapest panels will work for your situation.

I monkeyed around with other products--routers with external antennas, and different manufactures than Tranzeo. Nothing worked as well as Tranzeo....although I hear there are other products that work as good. (some say there are even better products.... Trango?)

I'm using the TR-5xxxx series products. They run a 54Mb, and will bond two channels for 108Mb wireless link. This allows practical networking that is comparable in feel to wired networking. (note: actual throughput will be less)

When Tranzeo says their product will work for, say, 2.5 miles, they really mean 2.5 miles--AT LEAST. We are 'streaching' their advertised distance on several links (linking greater than the distance they recommend) with excellent results.

You will need line-of-sight, which it appears you have.

These are an all-in-one unit. Put it up, wire your cables for POE, go.

Edit: Try this. http://www.streakwave.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=TR%2D5a%2D20f&eq=&Tp= if you could find any cheaper TR-5a product (or comparable) and STILL have the BUILT-IN antenna, I'm sure it would work for your distance. This is what I'm using on my shortest links (less than 4 miles), and I'm wondering if there is something cheaper available now--I thought there was a 15 or 17db antenna model available for less. THey are priced the same now as they were 2.5 years ago. Search the forums for the word 'Tranzeo' and you'll see quite a bit of discussion on what you are trying to do--it has been brought up several times--I'll admit I'm Tranzeo biased--it simply works for me.

Edited by Chip 2/6/2009 18:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)