AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to do now??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

houndog
Posted 1/25/2019 21:47 (#7272941)
Subject: What to do now??

NC Ohio
Earlier this fall while harvesting corn. We caught a fiber optic line that was hanging down with our extension on a S670. It was a stock power fold extension. The line was running over a corn field that we rent. No poles in the field. One pole at edge of field and the next in a wet area along a creek. The line e was installed over the summer after we side dressed according to land owner. It was put on electric poles under the electric line. It's not a private service it's a transmission line that was put up many years ago instead of going along road. It was installed across field. Fiber optic company hung it on old electric line poles. I didn't realize it had another line on it till a caught it on combine extension. Tore extension off combine but didn't hurt line. Cable company came out and tested line and still fine. Over $5000 damage to combine cable said they would put claim in for my damage to their insurance. So ordered parts and sent them invoice for parts. Insurance contacted me and I sent them invoice. No charge for my labor repairing just for parts bought. It has been 30 days or so at least and finally got a call tonight from insurance company denying claim. Send line was over 15 feet above ground. And since it was during day light I should have seen it. The line crossed just at the corner of field hit it on first round. Talked to land owner along with cable guy after it happened out in field and land owner told cable guy he tried contacting them after it was installed to tell them it was to low. Landowner measured it at 12 feet and cable guy agreed it was to low and needed raised. Told their insurance company about that conversation and they claim it doesn't matter they did investigation and nothing I can do. I can't believe that and was wondering how I should proceed. Insurance company out of Missouri at least that is what came up.on my phone. I am located in Ohio. Do i get a lawyer? Call the PIC I? Get a hold of cable company guy and see what he thinks? Any suggestions sorry about long post but kinda upset me. Thanks

Edited by houndog 1/25/2019 21:53

(20190102_104454 (full).jpg)

(20190102_104333 (full).jpg)

(20190102_104439 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20190102_104454 (full).jpg (45KB - 348 downloads)
Attachments 20190102_104333 (full).jpg (80KB - 324 downloads)
Attachments 20190102_104439 (full).jpg (102KB - 320 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)