AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alls I got to say is...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 1/23/2019 20:13 (#7267454 - in reply to #7267004)
Subject: RE: Alls I got to say is...

South Central Iowa
The "Tea Party" people thought that too in 2011. They won a lot more seats than the Democrats did this round as well. They were brought to heel or ostracized. The machine threshes all. Your ideologues will become part of the machine and fall to their rank or be excommunicated.... My father was livid a week or so back that one of Iowa's newly elected D Representatives was already following Nancy Pelosi's orders in spite of campaigning to be an independent voice (Big D can't win in Iowa anymore, it won't in Wisconsin in 10-15 either). I asked where he heard that? The talk radio station in Des Moines. I asked why would she care about them, none of those listeners voted for her anyway. No response really, just to say, it pisses him off she's a liar. I told him not to listen if it pisses him off, plenty of other things to do than hear that bile.

That's our news in this era. It's outrage. It's contentious. It's lowest denominator. It seeks only to appeal to its narrow side. Our system will become more maladroit and moribund. There will not be a hundred more progressives taking over anything any more than there will be a hundred new conservatives passing new amendments or some nonsense. This anger and agitation on both sides is only further inflamed by "social media" and the biased press that chases it. This constant state of agitation will only make recalcitrant the indignant. There is no solution to this problem absent the destruction of "social media", the source of most irrationality, outrage, and cultural rot, and the acknowledgement amongst the press that they and their bias is a portion of the problem and they need to address it. I see that more somewhat, the admission amongst the press that they are left or liberal in persuasion. Here is a piece that I enjoyed, more or less stating that when people in the press say adversarial journalism, they mean the advocation of Leftist causes. Admission is the first step in redressing a problem:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/01/28/does-journalism-have-a...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)