AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alls I got to say is...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 1/22/2019 21:13 (#7265210 - in reply to #7265201)
Subject: RE: Choked on Applesauce?

South Central Iowa
Sorry, sorry. That was a radio host who said that, become such a thing of lore, I thought it was John L Smith himself. Per Wikipedia:

On Monday, September 25, 2006, following a Michigan State University football loss against Notre Dame—a game in which his alma mater blew a sixteen-point fourth-quarter lead—Valenti went off on a twelve-minute[10] on-air tirade ripping into the Spartans for their poor showing. Highlights of the rant featured Valenti saying the Spartans "handed [the game] away like a nice three-button coat at the Salvation Army," that they "choked on applesauce", and his plea to then-head coach John L. Smith to recognize that "timeouts are not like cell phone minutes — they don't carry over!" Valenti also included scathing criticism of offensive coordinator Dave Baldwin's decision to have Drew Stanton "run the option in Hurricane Katrina," and a desire for defensive coordinator Chris Smeland to be replaced by H. R. Pufnstuf with Teddy Ruxpin as his assistant.[11][12]

The meltdown was covered in an article in Sports Illustrated where it was deemed "the single finest rant ever heard on sports talk radio".[10]

Audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPvftOCA-9I
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)