AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fats and feeders same price?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

LKM
Posted 1/17/2019 21:23 (#7252577 - in reply to #7252540)
Subject: RE: Fats and feeders same price?

Ridgway, IL
Mud is liable to make it happen nearby. Weight coming off fats and yards don’t want to refill pens till it dries up or freezes.

I keep hearing the ask side of the fat market is 130. You could buy nice loads of 800lb black steers here this week at 1.38-9. Probably could have put a load of 8wts together below 1.35. Getting pretty close

We bought

1 straight load pre conditioned steers, local but not home raised, 500lb. Knife cut. 70 days weaned. Vaccs, 90% black hided. Cost 1.65

1 straight load steers, 75 day weaned, home raised, knife cut, ai sired, incredible vacc program, 100% black, fancy as they come, 575lb cost 1.60

1 load put together at sale, mostly steers but a few bulls. 100% black. Much more of the run is now weaned. Be the front end of the steers not on any sort of program. 463lb cost 1.51 & 531x1.43

We really need to be buying lighter cattle, but these will work. 45 days from now I don’t imagine you will touch a steer for anything close to these prices. I’m happy to build cash length against j/j/a at these levels, I won’t be surprised if we aren’t selling these things back to grazers in a month and a half.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)