AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loans through FSA worth it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

BronsonA2150
Posted 1/17/2019 07:44 (#7250823 - in reply to #7249659)
Subject: RE: Loans through FSA worth it?

SC IA
berggrenfarms - 1/16/2019 17:56

No, I went through FSA for my operating loan as a beginning farmer, talked to the bank and could most likely have gotten approved, but he said its a no brainer to use the FSA.

Theres quite a few hoops to jump through, and sometime while youre filling out paperwork youll wonder if its all worth it. They will put a lien on ALL your assets, except your vehicle etc. 

Don't need permission to write checks, but you do have to call them to order money and they will usually ask what youre doing with it, then its transferred to your account. 

The problem I have right now is they will make you cosign on all checks you receive, and with the Gov shutdown Ive been sitting on some checks and haven't been able to order money so Ive been living on a shoestring. Going in tomorrow and having them signed and putting them in the bank and only paying the important stuff until this shutdown is over. 

I will agree that the FSA officer you get will make it a breeze or make you want to pull your hair out, my first one wasn't bad but he was a trainee so everything had to be double checked over. Now I have the lady "in charge" and shes been great. 

Same here. I would have been in a pickle if I didn’t deposit some checks before first of the year. It’s irritating sitting on grain checks I can’t cash right now but it’s still better than paying another 3-4%. My question though is, is interest still racking up on our loans? If they’d been open, I could have paid off most of my note.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)