AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Warm Corn in Bin?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jcfarmboy
Posted 1/15/2019 20:47 (#7247826 - in reply to #7247532)
Subject: RE: Warm Corn in Bin?

South Western Ontario, Canada
ctnotill - 1/15/2019 20:21

It was 80 Fahrenheit. It was a local hog farmer and I didn’t argue with him about taking it. All I’m saying is I’m not sure I’m gonna write him a cheque for the last of his work until I see the extent of the heat in bin. Oh and by the way he’s not near done all his electrical work that I was about to pay him for. He seems like a good guy and asked if I would pay him the last draw before all the work was completed and I agreed. But now I think I’m not being unresonsble to think maybe he should wait till project is complete and I assess the bin situation. Also I did inspect the top corn at the manhole several times and did not notice a problem. One would think when running fans and everything appears alright that it is.

Personally I wouldn't give him all his money until job is done....just a reassurance he does complete the job.

When you checked the corn, was the fans on or off? The fan needs to be on to check for heat and mold issues.

The cables in the bin not working at all though the filling period? What system is it? Does it automatically run the fans?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)