AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ai beef cows?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

98mxz583
Posted 1/12/2019 16:35 (#7240299)
Subject: Ai beef cows?

Traverse City MI
I’m sure this could end up in the weeds but I have some questions on Ai’ing beef cows. Right now we’re running 32 cows and 2 bulls. Ones 5 and one is 4. Problem is I’m not satisfied with our calving window. We had the bulk of them pretty timely but we were still strung out over 3-4 months. One of the bulls had a bum leg for a little bit so I attribute a little of the spread to that. The other issue is we have traditionally pulled the bulls in the spring before we start calving and then turn them back in in July till spring again. When it’s time to replace them I’m interested in going to Ai. To my question how possible is it to Ai them in 1-2 heats and what’s the best way to sync them? Can you be successful Ai’ing cows without a clean up bull? What’s the best way to tell they are in heat? If I could get rid of the bulls I would free up some resources for now and could possibly add a few more cows. I’ve read a bunch on the internet and I think I’m more confused than when I started. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)