Posted 1/11/2019 19:00 (#7238332 - in reply to #7237617) Subject: RE: Marketing Page
Always seams when I get greedy waiting for a dime I lose a quarter. I'll prolly hold out for 3.80 before planting. Will try to sell rest in the June July time frame for hopefully same price if acres dont change much.
Last year was prime example, albait it was somewhat skewed due to China, I sold I'm march, again in April, which was good decision in 17 and 18. Waited to price the rest in summer for more and we never got there....
Thanks Palmtopper, I've learn alot reading here, I like when the seasoned experts like my plans. Makes me think I know what I'm doing.
Edit for the OP, I had 100% of my seed bought for coming year until I picked up another 25 acres. I will buy all my chemical this month when they have the sale.
I like to pre buy, one for the savings. Seed alone was a 11% discount. Two because now I know what I will plant, that forces me to make sales, vs waiting until it's all in the ground then deciding to start selling.