AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with a multiple computer situation.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 1/9/2019 17:44 (#7232797 - in reply to #7229651)
Subject: RE: Need help with a multiple computer situation.

Southeast WI
Well Farmworks was too obtuse for my brain to use so that got trash canned.

Otherwise... we have 5 computers (3 desk, one Surface and one laptop) hooked up together via dropbox. It works great. Just be aware you can't open the same project/file/whatever when someone else is using it. It has to be closed, uploaded and then downloaded to another computer before you can use it - otherwise you get a duplicate copy that has to be deleted. It's not as hard as it sounds as long as you don't have snail internet. Pretty seamless way to share everything and you can select what you want shared to each computer. For instance my photos are only backed up on my own computer but I don't send them to the other business ones others use. Plus you can reach everything from the cloud so I have the dropbox app on my android phone and access everything from that too. Not sure what one poster said about database being scrambled - we run a few db programs and no issues.

Pay $10 per month for 1000gb storage I think. It's cheap and works well once you figure out a few of the little issues like being careful about opening files that haven't synced.

Edit to add: Dropbox makes it simple to send huge files - just right click, select send link to whatever and paste into an email, and like magic it arrives as a read only doc in the other persons email/computer.

Edited by Pvafarm 1/9/2019 17:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)