AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plumbing help needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Avg. Joe
Posted 1/1/2019 12:04 (#7212125 - in reply to #7211914)
Subject: RE: Plumbing help needed

Elmwood, Ne. Just East of Lincoln
That looks like a really nice tile job to me. Judging by the picture this looks like a very nice room. The last thing I would want to do is botch a hole through the tile floor. Are you installing that kind of sink for functionality? If you're just looking for a place to wash hands etc. I would consider a vanity turned the other direction in that corner if you have room. I would go with maybe a kitchen sink base if there is room. It would be higher up. Then you can move everything into the wall. Cut out sheet rock between two studs and bring your drain and supply lines up through the wall. Sounds like you have pex plumbing. You can get fittings that will screw to a board in the wall to hold them steady to put your supply line shut off's on too. They will turn a 90 in the wall for you. If you go with this route you will not even need to replace that sheet rock. Cut three holes in the back of your vanity and slide it up to the wall. Screw the vanity tight to the wall put a few screws and you're done. You will need to remove the baseboard where it would set. If you really want to use the sink, as said earlier her I would move everything into the wall. Bring it all up closer to the sink so it is out of the way. Then repair drywall. Keep it as high as possible and fish the pipes up. Then if your not a drywall pro it won't be so visible. As nice as the picture looks I would not want to see the pipes through the floor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)