AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPhone switch around strategy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/26/2018 07:30 (#7196407 - in reply to #7196227)
Subject: RE: iPhone switch around strategy

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
pirlbeck - 12/25/2018 22:53

Go to this site and it will show you how to get the ESN and enter it to see if it is locked or not.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/prepaid/bring-your-own-device/#/c...

Thank you. I followed the above link and tried typing in the *#06# as indicated. This resulted in a message indicating that this was an invalid action. I then found my IMEI number through settings and typed it in. The website reply was that my phone could work with Verizon. This was quite obvious since I had been with Verizon all along. It didn't really answer the question of whether it was locked to them or not.

I next participated in the online chat with a Verizon Rep. She stated that my phone was never locked to them and that I could switch carriers as long as my phone was paid off. I then asked if the practice of locking them was true in the past. She said maybe. I then specifically asked if I could switch to Straight Talk or some other carrier. She repeated yes as long as it is paid off.

So it sounds like the "lock business" is not an issue. I think part of my personal problem is that I would like to have cellular on my iPad as well as the iPhone and I don't know if they have such an arrangement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)