AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPhone switch around strategy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/27/2018 08:52 (#7198785 - in reply to #7197570)
Subject: RE: iPhone switch around strategy

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
sparrell - 12/26/2018 18:06

tedbear - 12/26/2018 10:40

Philbert - 12/26/2018 07:42

Here is their iPad program.  If you use it much it gets expensive.

https://get.straighttalk.com/bring-your-own-tablet/

Thanks. If I'm thinking through this correctly and want to end up with both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Pro working through Straight Talk, I would need to do a few things: 1) get a SIM card from Straight Talk for each (this would require waiting until the iPad is paid off, the iPhone is paid off now) and then subscribe to a separate plan for each.

This may or may not be worth the effort depending on the price of the combined plan from Verizon once the iPad is paid off. Looks to me that the limited data plan from Straight Talk for the iPad might be $15/month and a limited plan for the iPhone might be $45/month but it seems to indicate that I need to buy a phone from them (not to get it to work but for this price). The SIM cards seem to be $.99 each.

Assuming this is correct, the monthly charge might be $60/month once I get into it. I do not know what my Verizon monthly charge will drop to once the iPad is paid off.

Thanks for all the replies.

You could always tether your iPad to your iPhone if you have an good data plan for your phone. Then you may not need cellular data for your iPad at all. Tethering basically means your iPad will be getting its data through the phone. Tethering has always worked well for me when I want to use my iPad away from WiFi. Your phone becomes the WiFi emitter.

I'm not sure about the tethering idea. One of the links I was looking at indicated that tethering was not allowed. From the way I use the iPad the tethering idea would probably be acceptable if allowed. My first cell phone was from Wal-Mart and their other program that only supports talk. At that time they used Verizon towers in my area. I got along fine with the reception.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)