AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I had a 2366 power loss problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tadpolejcb
Posted 12/14/2018 00:29 (#7170201 - in reply to #7169368)
Subject: RE: I had a 2366 power loss problem

First thing we did was to drain fuel tank and removed it and flushed it with water and cleaned it out good and installed it back. Next we checked the hose to fuel tank vent to make sure it was operating normal. Then worked our way back towards engine replacing parts. I would just keep replacing parts one at a time until you get it figured out. You can replace a lot of parts yourself for what it would cost for a mechanic to come out and look but on the other hand they could save you a lot of time too. I never had a mechanic to come look, they just gave me ideas on things to try. Your problem sounds a lot like mine. If your combine engine rpms stay about the same but rotor rpms die down easily after first hour or so then i would say you got a belt that is slipping after it gets warmed up. The separator belt on my combine didn't even look warn and had no cracks in belt and that is why it never crossed my mind i needed to change it. just a thought, if both the engine rpms and rotor rpms die down together after the first hour then i think it would be related to a fuel problem or cant get enough air problem. I had my engine power the whole time but not rotor power. (side note)The mechanic did tell me that he has seen the connector hose between air filter and engine squeeze together before and cut off air to engine. Good luck, it is frustrating.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)