AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I had a 2366 power loss problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tadpolejcb
Posted 12/12/2018 21:31 (#7167617)
Subject: I had a 2366 power loss problem

This is a post just to help anybody that is struggling with a Case IH 2366 power loss problem that have tried all the other suggestions in the previous posts and those didn't help. These two I am going to write about were not posted unless I just didn't see them.

The Combine would run fine for about an hour or two and then it just couldn't hardly go after that. Picking beans at 1 - 1.5 mph just wouldn't allow me to get anything done in a day. I had changed everything including the fuel pumps and nothing. First problem I found was dirt and trash in the Honey Comb part of the Air filter housing which is located between the air filter and the compartment where your radiator and oil coolers are. Just undue all the clamps that hold the air filter housing in place and drill out the 4 rivets that hold the honey comb and the honey comb will come out, take it apart and just clean it and put it back together. After that I was able to go a pretty steady 1.8-2.0. My problem was still there , I could go strong the first hour but then slow down to 1.8 the rest of the day. The engine rpms would barely change but rotor would just die if i went to fast. I changed the separator belt next even though it looked fine, but it was my culprit. It was like turning a horse loose that had been penned up for a year and you were pulling back on the reins with no affect. I was back picking around 3.5 - 4 all day. I went from picking 20 acres a day to around 50 - 60. Sorry for long post but I just wanted to pass it along cause it might help save someone mechanic fees and lost time in the field . The case mechanics were even stumped with this one. All I got to say is I am a happy camper now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)