AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving around an electric load out auger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fred
Posted 12/12/2018 12:05 (#7166375 - in reply to #7166287)
Subject: RE: Moving around an electric load out auger

south east SD
That is tough, we were doing the same thing 10x34 with a 10 horse motor. It was bottom heavy and the motor wasn't having fun moving beans, they just auger to hard.

We just went to a Norwood belt 18x34 I believe? 18 is the with of the belt. Used it a couple of weeks ago and it was easy to move side to side. Our bins have room to drive between them so I drive past with a pickup, unhook, block one tire, twist it to the side and it slides under the outlet auger and plug it in. Best part is the belt doesn't know what it is moving!!

It's balanced pretty good so it can lift it fairly easy.

Side note. Never had the belt conveyor before, hooked it up and the belt wouldn't run just spin the top roller/pull end?
Tighten the belt and it just stopped the motor? Call dealer and he is hunting and says they had a problem but could not remember what it was, take it back to the shop. We took off all guards and hand pulled the belt, no go. Even had a pipe wrench to put on the shaft to turn it but didn't want to screw up the shaft.

Not happy with that answer but had no choice because we are 40 miles away. Hook it up drive over there and back into there shop. Parts man was there and said to tighten the belt, told him I did. We take off the guard and we could pull it by hand????? What the heck.... The problem was the belt setting in the tube sticks to each other and have to be broke loose. The drive over did it. I would have never guessed that being that simple. I was thinking the belt was put in wrong or something. Oh well live and learn.

Did get the trucking done we needed to do that day!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)