AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 13.5L head gasket
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 12/10/2018 15:36 (#7162154 - in reply to #7161268)
Subject: RE: How does JD even sell a high powered engine?

ecmn
The Pretender - 12/10/2018 07:35

They've been having head gasket issues on the engines from Saran for decades and nothing much seems to have been done. Even on here someone had 5 out of his 7 6400's suffer head gasket failure.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=john+deere+head+gasket+problems+site:thefarmingforum.co.uk&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi3x5z3rZXfAhWBzKQKHWF8B8wQrQIoBDAAegQIBhAM&biw=1140&bih=654

Claas were using DPS engines in their tractors and it seems they had the same issues so developed their own head gasket. There was a contributor who's a Deere rep and will be on one of the threads I linked to that told everyone head gaskets are a service item, they might be on a Deere engine, but most others they seem fi an forget.

I appreciate that lots of engines have had issues over the years, meeting emissions regs hasn't helped and Deere sell a lot of tractors, but they have more than their share of issues.

What seems to happen in the UK is a customer gets a problem with a tractor engine, Deere say it'll cost X thousand pounds to replace, but we'll do it for X minus a bit and the customer thinks they've won the lottery and goes on at length to marvel at what great service they'd recieved. I would imagine that just getting to the HG is a big job now before you've even changed it.

I would feel like I hit the lottery when I took it down to a different color dealer and they gave me fair trade in value. Absolutely ridiculous that a 2018 engine is popped open before 10,000 hours other than a fluke
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)