AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 13.5L head gasket
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

The Pretender
Posted 12/10/2018 07:35 (#7161268 - in reply to #7160877)
Subject: RE: How does JD even sell a high powered engine?

The Internet

They've been having head gasket issues on the engines from Saran for decades and nothing much seems to have been done. Even on here someone had 5 out of his 7 6400's suffer head gasket failure.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=john+deere+head+gasket+problems+site:thefarmingforum.co.uk&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi3x5z3rZXfAhWBzKQKHWF8B8wQrQIoBDAAegQIBhAM&biw=1140&bih=654

Claas were using DPS engines in their tractors and it seems they had the same issues so developed their own head gasket. There was a contributor who's a Deere rep and will be on one of the threads I linked to that told everyone head gaskets are a service item, they might be on a Deere engine, but most others they seem fi an forget.

I appreciate that lots of engines have had issues over the years, meeting emissions regs hasn't helped and Deere sell a lot of tractors, but they have more than their share of issues.

What seems to happen in the UK is a customer gets a problem with a tractor engine, Deere say it'll cost X thousand pounds to replace, but we'll do it for X minus a bit and the customer thinks they've won the lottery and goes on at length to marvel at what great service they'd recieved. I would imagine that just getting to the HG is a big job now before you've even changed it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)