AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Equipment for Beginning Farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

johnwayne360
Posted 12/9/2018 12:56 (#7159509 - in reply to #7150883)
Subject: RE: Equipment for Beginning Farmer

near dyersville iowa
id still go with a 30 or 40 series deere. one tractor can do it all. but if you want to buy a 2500 dollar two banger to go with it, why not..if you dont have a skidloader,can you still clean up after your animals? or are the pens too small for a loader tractor?

I personally am close to your size, but ive been farming for 25 years. And your wish list is about the lineup ive been able to acquire in that time. I was lucky though, dad let me use his equipment so i could get started.

Off brand equipment is always an option. but make sure you can obtain parts. which is why i believe a 42/44 30 or 40 series would be a good deal. I do own a Ford. but ive learned that particular tractor has a few peculiarities that make it interesting to work on. Parts havent been hard to find, but i do find it harder to diagnose certain things in the electrical system. and always have to have the serial number when ordering parts. needed a fan belt this spring. there were three different options depending on if it had a cab and some other options.

I bought a 7600 deere before prices went up. been a good tractor, traded a 4450 on it. dont hate me. my 4450 just seemed to be a lemon. ac problems, starting problems, put a clutch in it even though it was only set at 140 hp..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)