AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My dad lied to me....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/19/2018 09:16 (#7114601 - in reply to #7113530)
Subject: RE: My dad lied to me....

southern MN
I donno. Have a couple fellas around that aren’t big time, but seem to talk more about dollars than they do about crops. They were all smiles 5+ years ago, but looking to cash in and do something else now. Still don’t hear them talk about crops, or dirt, or soil, or...... nice guys, but the dollars seem to come first and only, and they struggle to find any dollars that way.

A few of the recent hot threads of late have been like that, specifically the one this thread is poking fun at. It’s a ‘show me the money’ attitude.

Now a person has to eat, and needs to grow, so the money side is real important too, I’m not downplaying that! But farming is my focus I guess, money seems to follow if you do it right.

As to dad, he was real upset I bought a pair of gravity wagons, 220 bu each, well used, he figured the 1950s International truck and the 2 wood barge boxes served him well, why would I waste money on such stuff no need.

Ha. Got more and bigger wagons and hauling away is still my bottle neck....... I’ve doubled the yields he had.

And for this February, I wonder if everyone will be stressed out early and just be numb and quiet by February, or if they will need to install a virtual boxing ring on this site and sell tickets to the ensuing confrontations coming with all the negativity going around! :)

Poking fun at real problems.... I hear rumors of acres of crops quite a bit west and north of me not getting harvested because the money ran out. Hard to believe a banker would let things go that way, but there has to be a lot of stress out there for some with the current weather and economy. Not wanting to laugh off anyone with real problems in this miserable wet year.

Paul

Edited by paul the original 11/19/2018 09:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)