AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This years loading in the road post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Unit 2
Posted 11/13/2018 16:29 (#7103747 - in reply to #7102183)
Subject: RE: This years loading in the road post

We had a very interesting situation take place a couple of years ago when we were unloading on a narrow township road one evening. The wife of one of the guys driving truck for us was listening on the police scanner and heard there was a high-speed chase out in the county. She called her husband and asked what road we were on. When he told her, she said there is a high-speed chase coming right at you going 85 to 90 miles per hour. By the time he got on the radio to warn all of us we could see the red and blue lights coming and there was not time to do anything. The car being chased had a choice of hitting the grain cart or taking the ditch. He took the ditch. I think the only thing that got him out of it was his momentum. I could not see how he would ever make it out of the ditch, but he did. By the time the chasers got there the grain cart driver was able to get off the road enough to let them by. There were city police, highway patrol, and four or five sheriff cars. I was in a semi returning to the field from the elevator on a cross road. I could have very easily parked the semi at the cross roads and blocked the guy being chased but I decided that was not the time to be a hero. If he would have crashed into the semi and was injured or killed, guess who would have been liable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)