AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This years loading in the road post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KDD
Posted 11/13/2018 12:33 (#7103474 - in reply to #7102183)
Subject: RE: This years loading in the road post

Leesburg, Ohio
I guess I don't see why both the combine and the cart in the OP had to be on the road...looks dry...I don't ever recall a situation where the combine couldn't make a spot in the field for the cart to get into the field. Why are they both on the road? OTOH, I was not there...

That said, we do "load on the road" frequently here. But by that, I mean we park ONLY the trucks on the edge of the road, NOT BLOCKING the entire road, and we drive the cart IN THE FIELD alongside the ditch, and unload the cart across the ditch into the trucks. And we only do it on township or county roads, not state highways. So, I don't get why some here get the their shorts in a wad when the road is not blocked, the way we do it.

I also do not agree with more regulations limiting equipment widths. I fully understand some communities have very narrow roads, hills, trees, residential properties, etc., that make it very difficult to move wide equipment. But the remedy to that should not be one-size-fits-all regulation. Use some discretion about removing heads and putting equipment in transport configuration. Use some common sense about avoiding high traffic hours to move. DON'T restrict those in un-populated, wide-open countryside from moving wide equipment where it is safe and common practice to do so. Understand that there are very great differences in different communities. The whole world does not necessarily look like it does out your front door.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)