AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Midwest Bale Feeders..... almost complete (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 11/14/2018 14:20 (#7105463 - in reply to #7103923)
Subject: RE: Midwest Bale Feeders..... almost complete (pics)

SE Manitoba
play in the dirt - 11/13/2018 18:26

I know, 10 ton is puny but it is a 25 ton press. I've just never seen the gauge go to 25 ton. It leaks oil, loses pressure, it's old what can I say. I just figured I'd be able to squeeze them down without much trouble. I can't do it easily, so it'd be more trouble to use the press somehow than to cope the pipe.

I do have a jig made for the plasma cutter. I've got another idea I'm gonna try that might be a little faster and easier though. That and I might have to research building a bigger press. Always something a guy needs bigger and better. The list can get pretty big.

The larger press would give you a lot of options for bearing press outs and making a bending or shearing jig.
50 tons is not bad for the first on my list but the last 2 - - - - there you can get pretty large and before you do you might want to look at getting an old (but not dead) iron worker and then you would have even more options - - - grin!
There always seems to be a need for more toys but with a number of the right toys - - - - there's a lot that can be done and quickly.

Good luck!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)