AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's not just beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 11/12/2018 16:42 (#7101631 - in reply to #7101584)
Subject: RE: Long, don't bother ....

EC SoDak
In general we are an afterthought when it comes to the govt and general population. A well fed nation is a complacent one.

One reason why, can be read on this board. We tend to get raised to believe and consequently have the frame of mind that it is what it is and just push ahead. That is the beat dog theory and poor business management. In other countries they make a point at the steps of government and demand a voice. Here, we say “I think it may be for the good of the country, send my business segment into a recession.”

Can anyone imagine a CEO of a company standing up saying: “Alright owners, here is the plan: We are going to kill demand for our product and let our rivals fill the bulk of supply to the market. They and other rivals will ramp up production at record pace and will likely keep most of our market share when we come back to the table. We are doing this in hopes of our main buyers other unrelated business segments will buy from other people in the US.”

Memo sent out to shareholders the next morning: “CEO Tom was voted unfit and relieved of duties”

American farmer says what the CEO says (ie a lot of people on here), pat ourselves on the back for being patriots or that a chart says we have to have a market correction so we may as well self inflict slitting our own throats...

My head spins with amazement when I read the tariff threads on here.

Edited by SoDak Farms 11/12/2018 16:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)